Monday, March 28, 2011

Fun stuff

This fall, was it this fall? Oh my mommy brain, maybe it was even after Christmas. Correct seasons aside, the kids and I went to a local rummage/bake sale/fundraiser. They each picked out a few old toys, Emily picked out the tackiest of porcelain figurine as always, and I spied a nice big bag of knitting needles. Thrown in with the needles were a good selection of embroidery hoops.

I have never used them before. I once tried to do cross stitch, and trust me when I tell you that it didn't turn out well. It started out with me trying to make some ultra domestic apron for my friend's birthday ( I am so sorry I am over a month late, I promise I'll finish it someday...). So it didn't take long for the kids to want to try too, and soon request other things.

Emily was the first to ask, she wanted to make her own rainbow pillow, she gave up after a few hours of frustration from the tangles. So I decided to surprise her. To no big surprise, Anna wanted a pillow too.

And finally my James. I love that is is not afraid to try anything. This master piece of a walking bomb was done by him, I then turned it into a pillow for him. I love his creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment